Time: 11/12/2023 (Sunday) 17:30 ~ 22:00 PM
Location: 台灣大學醫院體育館 台北市中正區仁愛路一段1號https://maps.app.goo.gl/L3fcVafG99JBeBte6?g_st=il
Venue: GMBA’s “Coach, I Wanna Play Ball” 教練, 我想要打球
We have rented the entire gym in which we will have half the gym for basketball event and the other half covering 4 badminton courts.
Registration Fees: for Basketball Event 700 NT with Referees and 350 NT for Badminton w/o referees. If you’re new and need a GMBA basketball jersey made it will be an additional 800 NT (Double Sided customized with your name & # to keep).
Like Previous Years, we will have TGI Fridays and Texas Roadhouse sponsor some gift vouchers to their restaurants for the winning teams (players). All participating players will have a memorabilia GMBA Sports Metal. We will provide sports drinks and water at the venue. Players gets to enjoy indoor courts with AC entirely booked by GMBA family for this event. We will even have professional referees be responsible for facilitating some of the sports games.
Basketball: This year, we’re going to have it Family Style, Females Players and Beginners are all very welcomed. There will be no preassembled team. Come 30 minutes prior for Live Team Draft.
We target to have 4 teams (hopefully 24 + players with 6+ players on each team), and in order to have a more fair and completive game, we will have our Stronger players (ie. our previous MVPS) be our team captains respectfully. They will take turns picking their team members, we all play to win; however, keep in mind this is only a friendly tournament and we are GMBA family.
Teams: Depending on amount of players signed up for the event, we will break into 4 teams and captains of each team will pick players in “Snake Draft Order” Just like Drafting in Fantasy Basketball. Team G, M, B, A. Team G will have the 1st pick, followed by Teams, M,B,A, while team A will have back-to-back 4th and the 5th pick again, B have the 6th pick, A have the 7th pick, while team G will have the 8th and 9th pick respectively. Captains will Rock Paper Scissors to determine picking order.
8 minutes per quarter, 4 quarters
24 second shot clock resets to 14 seconds on all defensive violations, fouls, kicked ball. Only on a jump ball not caused by the defense, shot clock resets to 14 second.
Time outs, clock will be stopped.
There will be a 30 seconds break end of each quarter, 1 minute break during the half time, and 30 seconds time out (each team is allowed to have one time out each half)The game clock stops on any dead ball during the final 2 minutes of regulation if the competing teams are within 8 points or less of one another.
Each team will receive a 2 minute warm-up time before the start of each game.
If the competition schedule becomes more than 20 minutes behind, this 2 minute warm-up may be eliminated.
Halftime is only 30 seconds if we are behind schedule, 1 minute if we are on schedule
Clock stops only in the final 24 seconds of each quarter and the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.
2 timeouts per game, 1 each half, no timeouts awarded for overtime OT • Each timeout and quarter break is 24 seconds; run the shot clock during these.Rules & Regulations
• Team that wins opening tip gets ball in 1st and 4th quarters. If timeout called before advancing ball, advance ball to half court for in-bound. Advance-to-half court for timeouts is only applicable in the final 2:00 of 4th+OT.
• Can only pass into backcourt from out-of-bounds with 2:00 remaining in 4th.
• All violations result in taking the ball out from the side, free-throw line extended.
• 8 seconds to cross half court (use shot clock as your guide — 0:16).
• 5 fouls per quarter results in double-bonus (2 FTs).
• Unsportsmanlike conduct technical fouls do not count as a personal foul.
• 5 personal fouls and/or 1 technical fouls for disqualification.
• If 5th available man fouls out, he remains in the game and technical FT is issued, shoot 2 FTs plus get possession.
• Clear-path foul = not a technical, but shoot 2 FTs plus get possession.
• Timeout called without any remaining is a team technical plus loss of possession.
• In the case of a tie-game, 1 three-minute extra period will be played. If a tie remains after this period, double over-time sudden death (next basket wins).
• Profanity, racism, sexism, discrimination, heckling, and insults are not condoned and will be dealt with accordingly. The school reserves the right to warn, suspend, or expel players from the games and from the campus based on behavior at any-time.
• If a player accrues 1 technical foul, he/she will be disqualified from the tournament completely. Unless, the technical foul acquired is a result of accruing more than 5 fouls in a contest.
• All rules are subject to interpretation by referees and NTU GMBA staff on-site
(Rules vs Female players: Gentlemen Rule, no physical contacts at all times, no Steals and can’t raise hand during defense.)
Badminton: Masaru’s Rough estimate for badminton: 16pairs, 32people. for 4courts.
We welcome GMBA alumni and students with any format of sponsorship to promote their brands and enhance quality of this event. For further question, please contact:
Masaru Nagatsuka (Badminton Coordinator) or
Edward Wang 王德鼎 (Basketball Coordinator)